To design and to use system, OOP offers some outstanding features including the followings,
Basic Features of OOP:
- Emphasis on data rather than procedure.
- Programs are divided into small parts called object.
- Data structures are designed such that they characterized the objects.
- Data and related functions stay tied in classes.
- Data is secured as they can’t be accessed by external functions.
- Objects may communicate with each other through functions.
- New data and functions can be added easily whenever necessary.
- Follows bottom-up approach in program design.
- Using inheritance, a class can be modified to create another one.
- If necessary, system size can also be modified easily.
- Multiple Programmer System Design is easy using OOP concept.
- The complexity can be reduced.
- Data Type can be created based on the necessity.